Saturday, February 18, 2006

Semi-Homemade Pies and Cakes

I have always liked my mom's pumpkin pie. The custard is made with canned pumpkin and then other ingredients are added to make it taste like it is from scratch. My mom uses Pillsbury Frozen Pie Crusts, since she has not perfected the art of making a pie crust.

Most B-day Cakes I have enjoyed baked would be classified as semi-homemade. The yr my mom made a banana cake was the only year I hade a cake baked from scratch. I however like the yellow, white, marble, chocolate, and chocolate cakes my mother have baked throughout the years with the help of Duncan Heins, Pillsbury and Betty Crocker. My mother might have been a homemaker, however there was so much stuf going on, why bother baking a cake from scratch if you have a mix. One yr, my mother baked a coca cola cake for my brother one year. The cakes baked from mixes tend to be very moist, still cheaper than a bakery cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home