Friday, March 24, 2006

Words

Recently I was not happy and I sent an email to people on my small group's list which might not have been the brightest thing about my predicament of what I came across when I got home. I only used one borderline word. Unfortunately I ticked one person off, which I felt bad about. However considering what I have would done a year and a half ago, it is an improvement. For I know some people would have been truly offended if I would have used the words I truly wanted to use, however some people getting offended, even if it really does not bother me.

I however figured that it went along with what the teaching was last night at small group Sure I was angry, however pissy is not a bad word in my book, not the nicest word though. The email also contained piece of crap, blasted stupid and frikken. I don't see frikken as the equivalent to something else. That was not my intention by the way. Maybe I should have spelled it friggin. However, one person was not thrilled that I sent this email and told me she saw frikken to something else, which was not my intention. I meant for it to come as across as something that began with d, w/o offending anyone who might be offended w/what I wanted to say, to express how ticked I was.. Oh well, I sent her an email telling her I was sorry for offending her. She saw frikken as something else, when it is just a word that could easily substitue something else, not what she was thinking.

By the way when it comes to accomodating my friends, I know there are terms more easily seen as swear words so I won't send vast emails with just how I felt, because I do not desire to offend friends, even though I have no problem with hearing them. I however don't know why telling how you feel and being rather blunt w/o being obscene is seen as offensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home