Monday, December 26, 2005

Past few Days

Christmas was great this year. For I was able to be home. I also attended 3 services. I attended a main service at 5:00 and then a young adult service with some friends at 11 on Christmas Eve. I went to church with my parents Christmas Day. One of the older but well meaning members might have thought I left church because I don't attend the Baptist Church I grew up in anymore. I am not Baptist. It was okay for one day, but the church is a little too reserved for my liking. I am expressive when it comes to worshipping.

After church, I went to a gathering at the nursing home where my grandma is staying. Some other other residents joined the Skinner family Christmas celebration. It was nice and fun. There was one resident who just turned 100 a few days ago as well as others. There was one lady not totally there who started singing out of nowhere. The main entertainment was Jordan playing Carol of the Bells and Cannon D. Jordan can sure play. Her style was along the lines of Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Claire my Uncle's First Wife sure made killer mac and cheese, Hoggy's recipe by the way. I got this cheesy pathetic Christmas card from my cousin. He might as well as not sent me a card. The card is extremely tacky.


We then go home and have Christmas with the family. I got 2 pairs of jeans, one black and one blue, fleece jacket, shirt, a necklace, CD which might have been from around the house. I hope so since it might not be my taste. I also got slippers, pajamas, and perfume. There was also a ham and cheesy potatoes. We ate the meal in addition to more cookies. It was fun. After dinner, Matt and Sarah, Mom and Dad and I played Marry, Date or Dump.

This Christmas was great despite the fact this year has not been the greatest. One thing I have learned is to hopefully not give my email address out to any Joe Blow for it allowed this Joe Blow to end up scaming me emotionally. I enjoyed the Christmas lights this year. Something the stupid ice storm did not allow.

I did not get my Prince Charming. I however hope I get him soon. I really want to get married. For that clock is ticking. I want a relationship more than a real job. Anymore I don't care what people think about me or what I do. I am working on not being so concerned about my reputation. I am however not erasing those emails sent to me back in late spring and summer in case I have to be covered. Looking back that situation was like a movie with a not so happy ending.

Anyway, a belated Merry Christmas.

I just wished my sister would have shown up for church on Christmas Eve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home