Thursday, September 16, 2010

Controversial Websites

These days I have been reading rather controversial websites in Christendom. One is too liberal and sad that some pastors in The Vineyard Association of Churches do not want to believe in a literal Heaven and literal Hell. Maybe I will elaborate. Its too late.

I am also reading apologetic blogs that seem to go too extreme. I go to a conservative church in the Vineyard where the pastors preach the word as it should be. I have prayed occasionally in tongues.

Both these blogs are a good way to waste time. What bothers me about the blogs is the liberal one does not want to take scripture literally, especially when it comes to believing in heaven and Hell.
The conservative ones while I agree that completely that the Bible is inerrant, Jesus is the only way and there is a Heaven and a Hell, they go overboard on a variety of issues. I don't like it that these people are not open to tongues and prophecy. It is okay if they don't practice speaking in tongues and don't believe in prophecy. Some of the other things they are too conservative on as well. One of the contibuting bloggers would not feel it okay to agree to disagree on secondary doctrine issues such as tongues and prophecy. They seem so adement on things that should not really matter. I also don't like this opinion of they are the only one with the whole truth. Up until I was 9 my family was involved with these fundy groups that believed their groups were the only one with the truth.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home